WILLMAR AREA ARTS COUNCIL
2016 Studio Hop
It's Studio Hop time again! This years Hop is scheduled for June 17 and 18 and features seventeen artists in nine studios in Willmar, Spicer and New London. Hours are Friday, June 17, 4:00 - 9:00 pm and Saturday, June 18,
10:00 am - 5:00 pm. You can visit their website - www.studiohop.org to get information on individual studios, artist bios, and a map and directions to the studio.
Hope to see you at Studio Hop!
My Favorite Things
The construction at the Barn is complete so we are able to host our themed, invitational exhibits again! The next play is "Mary Poppins" so we have chosen My Favorite Things as our theme. Here are the details:
- All artwrok should relate to the theme in some manner - be creative!
- All artwork must be original in design or concept
- All 2D artwork must be reasdy to hang with a wire
- Artists may submit up to 3 items for exhibit
- Entry fee is $5 per item (members), $7 (non-members)
- Effort will be made to display all pieces submitted as space allows
- All pieces mut remain for the duration of the exhibit
- Items can be for sale. The Arts Council will retain 30% (members) 40% (non-members) commission on all sales from this exhibit.
Artwork must be delivered to the Arts Council office by June 6. Exhibit runs June 7 - July 5. There will be a ballot box for theatre patrons to vote for the favorite work. The winning artist receives $100.
Support the Arts Council while shopping on-line!
Do you shop at Amazon.com? If so, you can support the Willmar Area Arts Council while shopping! Simply log onto www.amazonsmile.com. If you are registered with Amazon, all your information will be there. Simply find the Arts Council in the list or organizations and continue shopping. A small percentage of your purchase will come to us! What could be easier - shop and support!
Celebrating Local Churches
Greg Harp, New London photographer, and the Kandiyohi County Historical County are working on a multi-year project featuring the churches of Kandiyohi County. The first part of this two-phase project is currently on display at the Historical Society.
Willmar Area Arts Council Mission
The mission of the Willmar Area Arts Council is to promote and support the arts in West Central Minnesota.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer, please contact us at 320 235-8560 or firstname.lastname@example.org